Bill Cranford, DMD, MAGD, Rock Hill, SC
Dr. Bill Cranford: Local dentist: training, technology, and ethical dentistry
His goal: Earn the trust of new and long time patients and friends
My Training and Experience
Master in the Academy of General Dentistry
Master dentists complete rigorous training and advanced education. We are committed to going the extra mile for excellent patient care.
This appointment by the ADA was a way to give back to my profession. I am pleased to be able to promote ethics in dentistry at this level.
South Carolina Dentistry Leadership
- President of South Carolina Board of Dentistry
- Board of Trustees: South Carolina Dental Association
- Adviser to the South Carolina Dental Licensing Board
- Speaker on Dental Ethics to the Southern Conference of Dental Deans and Examiners
- 2014 Chairman of Dental Access Days in Rock Hill
- Volunteer dentist at Rock Hill Free Clinic and Renewing our Community Dental Clinic
- Guided dental students in mission trips to Quito, Ecuador
Honors and Awards
- American College of Dentists Fellow
- Founded by dental leaders to elevate the standards of dentistry
- Supports the scientific basis of oral health care and the responsibility of dentists to ethically serve the public
- Named Top Dentist by the Consumers’ Research Council of America in Charlotte Magazine
- Pierre Fauchard Academy SC Dentist of Year Award
- International College of Dentists Fellow
Ethical dentistry is doing the right thing—at the right time—for the right reason.Dr. Bill Cranford
My Personal Story
I graduated from Rock Hill High School and Clemson University. Then I returned to Rock Hill to work at “The Bleachery” as a textile chemist. Next I studied at Reformed Theological Seminary before going to the Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine.
My experience in textiles developed my eye for aesthetics, while seminary shaped my empathy for others and passion for ethics in dentistry and all of life.
I have three daughters, a son, and three great son-in-laws. Laura Anne and Jack Hofler live in Florence, SC; Margaret and David Koon in Charlotte; Elizabeth and Cheney Robinson in Rock Hill. Will is a dental student at MUSC in Charleston, SC.
I love spending time with my five grandsons and one granddaughter.
I enjoy giving back to the community where I grew up and raised my family. I have been active as a leader and volunteer at Westminster Presbyterian Church, the American Red Cross, Boy Scouts, United Way, and various free dental clinics.
My favorite charity was the High Cotton Classic benefit shoot. I helped organize the “Trapper Program”, which trains young people to lead and serve in their communities when they return as adults.
Rock Hill is such a warm and caring place. I realize how truly fortunate I am to live and work here.Dr. Bill Cranford
Contact Cranford Dental if you would like to establish a relationship with a trusted local dentist for your family. I would love to welcome you to our office.
My Future at Cranford Dental
At Cranford Dental we plan to continue our tradition of offering the best possible dental care for our patients and friends in Rock Hill. Thus, we are committed to education, modern technology, and a caring and trained staff.
A good dentist combines professional expertise with listening to what the patient really wants and needs. We work to do that well here.Dr. Bill Cranford
Our dentists and staff are committed to our local community. Rock Hill is a great place to live and work. We want to do our part to make this an even better community for future generations.
Contact Cranford Dental to make an appointment or to discuss your future dental needs—or call 803-324-7670.