I enjoy practicing dentistry in Rock Hill. And I appreciate the support of people here. In the same way, our dentists and staff are committed to our local community.
My goal for Cranford Dental is to offer my hometown the best possible quality care.
Moreover, we plan to continue to grow and improve as Rock Hill moves forward.
Rock Hill is such a warm and caring place. I realize how truly fortunate I am to live and work here.Dr. Bill Cranford
William D. Cranford, Jr., DMD (Bill)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
My Training and Experience
Master in the Academy of General Dentistry
Master dentists complete many hours in training and advanced education. Obviously, we are committed to going the extra mile for excellent patient care.
I am honored to be on this ADA commission on ethical dentistry. And of course, I am pleased to be able to promote ethics in dentistry at this level.
South Carolina Dentistry Leadership
- President of South Carolina Board of Dentistry
- Board of Trustees: South Carolina Dental Association
- Adviser to the South Carolina Dental Licensing Board
- Speaker on Dental Ethics to the Southern Conference of Dental Deans and Examiners
- 2014 Chairman of Dental Access Days in Rock Hill
- Volunteer dentist at Rock Hill Free Clinic and Renewing our Community Dental Clinic
- Guided dental students in mission trips to Quito, Ecuador
- Speaker to MUSC senior dental students: Dental Ethics Day
Honors and Awards
- American College of Dentists Fellow
- Founded by dental leaders to elevate the standards of dentistry
- Supports the scientific basis of oral health care and the responsibility of dentists to ethically serve the public
- Named Top Dentist by the Consumers’ Research Council of America in Charlotte Magazine
- Pierre Fauchard Academy SC Dentist of Year Award
- International College of Dentists Fellow
Ethical dentistry is doing the right thing—at the right time—for the right reason. That will continue to be important to this office.Dr. Bill Cranford
My Personal Story
I graduated from Rock Hill High School and Clemson University. Then I returned to Rock Hill to work at “The Bleachery” as a textile chemist. Next, I studied at Reformed Theological Seminary. After that, I joined the Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine.
My experience in textiles developed my eye for aesthetics, while seminary shaped my empathy for others.
Then after dental school, I returned to Rock Hill with a passion for ethics in dentistry and all of life. So, this guided me as I developed Cranford Dental and raised our family.
I have three daughters, a son, and three great son-in-laws. Laura Anne and Jack Hofler live in Florence, SC; Margaret and David Koon in Charlotte; Elizabeth and Cheney Robinson in Rock Hill. And son Will Cranford practices with Elizabeth and me at Cranford Dental.
In summary, I enjoy giving back to the community where I grew up and raised my family. Thus I have volunteered at Westminster Presbyterian Church, the American Red Cross, Boy Scouts, United Way, and various free dental clinics.
Specifically, my favorite charity was the High Cotton Classic benefit shoot. Here I helped organize the “Trapper Program”. In short, this program trained young people to lead and serve in their communities.
Also, I loved supporting Come See Me. To understand, read about my family’s favorite memory from this festival: The Frog Jump and Come See Me.
My Rock Hill Thrills
- Watching kayakers from the Pump House at Riverwalk.
- Sitting in Living Waters Chapel at Westminster Park.
- Riding my bike around Old Town Rock Hill, near where I grew up.
Contact Cranford Dental if you have questions about dental health or things to do in my hometown of Rock Hill.
My Future at Cranford Dental
Most important for our dentists, we will continue to offer the best possible dental care for Rock Hill. Thus, we remain committed to education, modern technology, and a caring and trained staff.
A good dentist combines professional expertise with listening to what the patient really wants and needs. We work to do that well here.Dr. Bill Cranford
Without a doubt, Rock Hill is a great place to live and work. Thus, we want to do our part to make this an even better community for future generations.
So we plan to continue to earn the support of the many patients who have made us their dental home.
And our dentists and staff members will keep updating materials, skills, and technique.
And they will make sure that Cranford Dental remains a warm and comfortable place to come for excellent dental care.
Contact Cranford Dental to make an appointment or call 803-324-7670. We love to welcome new patients to our office.