WE UNDERSTAND THAT THE NEWS sometimes covers stories about dentists who endanger their patients with improper sterilization practices. We know that such stories can be scary and that’s why we wanted to declare that with us, you don’t need to worry.Every time you come to our dental practice you can be confident that you’re in good hands. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of cleanliness because we value your health and safety. For us, dentistry is about more than beautiful teeth—it’s about life-long well being.
At our practice, you can always expect:
- A clean examination space, free from any possible infections from a previous patient.
- Sterilized instruments, specifically packaged and protected just for you.
- Treatment from healthy team members who follow strict personal cleanliness standards and wear appropriate personal protection equipment like gloves and masks.
Our Sterilization Methods:
There are many steps to our sterilization process: Used instruments are placed into metal cassettes. Cassettes are placed in an ultrasonic unit with a disinfectant solution. Cassettes are then moved to a commercial dishwasher and washed at high temperatures. Cassettes are wrapped and sealed with sterilization monitoring tape and placed into an autoclave. The autoclave runs at prescribed temperatures and pressure. Instruments are stored in sterile wrap until opened for patient use.
- Used instruments are placed into metal cassettes.
- Cassettes are placed in an ultrasonic unit with a disinfectant solution.
- Cassettes are then moved to a commercial dishwasher and washed at high temperatures.
- Cassettes are wrapped and sealed with sterilization monitoring tape and placed into an autoclave. The autoclave runs at prescribed temperatures and pressure.
- Instruments are stored in sterile wrap until opened for patient use.
Our Team Is Trained For Safety
The dentists and staff at Cranford Dental constantly monitor the latest sterilization guidelines from the ADA (American Dental Association) and CDC (Center for Disease Control).At monthly staff meetings we update staff on the procdures we must use to keep our office safe. The staff at Cranford Dental agree on the most important issue in selecting a dental office: Prove to me that your office is sterile and safe.
Stop by our office and we will show you how we know that we are all safe at Cranford Dental.We use Confirm Monitoring Systems, Inc., a Biological Monitoring Company, to verify that our instruments are sterile. On a regular basis Hygienist Judy Murray sends a test strips from our autoclaves. This independent company sends back a report on their analysis of the test strips.Ask Judy to show you the current Biological Monitoring Report.If you know Judy Murray, you are assured that nothing slips by the sterilization control procedures at Cranford Dental.
Ask Us To Show You Our Methods
Please, if you have any questions or concerns, ask us! Ask to see our safety accreditation, ask about the sterilization process that all our tools undergo, ask what we do to ensure that every surface in our office is clean and safe. We want to be completely transparent about our infection control procedures so that you can feel totally safe and confident in the dental chair. We understand that it takes trust to put yourself in our hands and we take pride in proving ourselves worthy of that trust. If you are concerned about sterilization and how we assure that our office is clean and safe, stop by for a visit or visit us online at www.cdentalcopy.myblogaid.net.